When I first started out in this industry I was willing to do anything. And I mean anything to get the job done. So I started out as everyone does by writing down the names of everyone I knew. Mostly friends that I thought would definitely benefit from what I was promoting. I even thought about what I would do when I finished talking to everyone I knew. How would I generate leads?
So I started reading and doing tons of research on the Internet. Found some leaders and learnt very quickly that I was making a huge mistake. I previously had been “prospecting” the whole time when I should have been “marketing” my business instead. You see, if you are out there prospecting for interested and qualified people to join your business, then it’s going to be a never ending cycle of chasing and dealing with excuse after excuse. But if you learn how to market your business properly, you will be able to attract qualified people towards you.
This industry is called Network “Marketing”. Not Network “Prospecting”. And this is the major mistake that most people in this industry make. They waste their time prospecting, when they should really be marketing. In other words, they waste their time “chasing”, when they should be “attracting”.
So what I’m going to do now is share with you 5 strategies that I personally use to generate highly qualified leads into my business that you can start applying to yours today:
1. Social Media Sites – By connecting with people in sites like Twitter, Myspace and Facebook, you are able to connect with people at a real level and create a following for yourself. By using blogs, forum discussions, advertising and good old communication, you will be able to convert your followers into leads for your business.
2. Video Marketing – There is no better way to connect with someone across the world than to have them see your face and watch you in action. There is something about videos that captures the very essence of who you are. Video marketing is especially powerful when done correctly and will give prospects the feeling that they already know you. Educating your prospects in sites like Youtube is a great strategy.
3. Article Marketing – This strategy allows you to position yourself as an expert and provide valuable information to many prospects that are seeking help and guidance. Once you have come up with some good material, it is all about posting them on relevant sites like Ezine Articles or Go Articles and turning cold suspects into warm prospects.
4. Free Classifieds – Using some great copy which you can get good at with the right training, you can post ads on sites like Craigslist and Backpage to advertise your opportunity and generate leads.
5. Pay Per Click Advertising – This is the number one strategy of all the top producers in this business and can be very tough and daunting, but when done well will generate the MOST leads out of any of your marketing strategies in days. Not weeks or months.
Think about your current business right now and ask yourself if you are struggling just to come up with the names of 5 friends a day that you could speak to about your business opportunity. If that’s the case, and you don’t want to be stuck for leads in the near future, which is bound to happen at some point, you should seriously consider moving from a “prospecting” strategy, to a “marketing” strategy.
It may just save your business, and your life.
PS… How To Finally Master The ‘Lethal’ Marketing Secrets That The Top 1% Use To Dominate This Industry Without Making Cold Calls Or Hassling Your Friends And Family Again ===> SECRETS HERE!